Kadampa Buddhist Temple for the World Peace
A Kadampa Buddhist Temple is a special, holy place, where we can receive blessings and powerful imprints on our minds that lead to deep inner peace in the future.
The temple is located in a beautiful natural environment in the surroundings of Alhaurin el Grande, Malaga. It was opened in the spring of 2006 as part of the International Temples Project, a non-profit fund which aims to develop Kadampa temples around the world. These temples are dedicated to the world peace and create a space where everyone can develop their inner peace through meditation and the application of Buddhist wisdom in daily life.
Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso explains that at first a Temple is a representation of a Pure Land, that is a place where suffering doesn’t exist.
Eventually, however, through the force of all the pure practices and sincere prayers performed in it and the blessings of the Holy Beings, the Temple becomes an actual Pure Land.
Beautiful Blessed Statues
The temple houses a beautiful shrine with representations of the body, speech and mind of Buddha. It is used to focus our spiritual practice and generate faith in Buddha.
It accommodates magnificent statues up to 3 metres high of great beauty and harmony. They are filled with mantras and prayers following the traditional system. Just looking at these blessed statues places powerful imprints on the mind to experience deep inner peace in the future.
Different activities are organized in the Temple, such as meditation classes, weekend courses and great events like Dharma Celebrations and the Festival of Spain.
The Temple is open to public for visits.
Our centre has many different types of rooms which adapt to your necessities: single rooms, double rooms, twin rooms, triple rooms, adapted for disabled people, dorms, etc. They are available almost all year long (except when we host special events in the KMC). All our rooms are quiet, with views to the garden and the pool and with plenty of natural light. They are equipped with air conditioning, desk, bathroom with tub or shower and free Wi-Fi in the whole area.
In our shop you can find:
– The inspiring books of Gueshe Kelsang Gyatso, which are based on the texts of ancient kadampas and which we use as a guide for our classes.
– Audiobooks, for those who have little time available or for those who wish to listen Buddhist teachings wherever they are.
– Sadhanas or prayer booklets, which we use in our practices.
– CDs to follow guided meditations.
– Beautiful handmade notebooks that we make in our craft workshops.
– Handmade book covers.
– Malas or Buddhist beads crafted by practitioners, which you can use to keep track of the mantras or prayers.
– Statues, canvas and prints of the Buddhas, which help us and inspire us in our meditations and spiritual path.
World Peace Cafe
Before and after every class we open the World Peace Cafe, so you can enjoy your favourite drinks and snacks in a relaxing atmosphere. The World Peace Café has an air-conditioned room, an indoor and outdoor room, thus you can choose your preferred spot.